Monday, September 22, 2014

Him

I could smell him 
Before I even got there
His fragrance lingered
In the air
What madness! I thought,
My brain begot
And then I saw it
His token of love 
It sat there 
And stared at me
I stared right back and finally 
I picked it up
inhaled 
His breath of love
He knew I would
When he breathed it out
I
love 
you
So much more...
Than three little words
Words he could not
Say to me
Yet he left them
Sitting there
Words he knows 
I know too well
Words of truth
Words that fell
Like kisses soft
In the night
Like laughter
Ringing in sound of songs
Words so true
They almost hung
In the air
Like Greensleeves
In refrain  
Justine's voice singing
For kisses in the rain 
So he left them sitting there
I
Love
You
So much more
Than three little words







6 comments:

Unknown said...

Brilliant!
Reminded me of the legendary Tracy Chapman...it's only words, and words are all I have.

Shahnaz said...

I love Tracy Chapman!
That is quite a compliment that this piece resonates with that for you...
Words mean a lot to me- they are my companions

Unknown said...

She was so under rated don't you think? I wish she would do more music!
This really is a good piece. Words often give a stormy night it's storm and a beautiful spring it's colours. Words do a lot.

Shahnaz said...

I love "fast car"
Her voice is do haunting.
I usually write what I feel and yes the more intensely the emotion is felt
The more poignant the writing
It's nice to chat with another writer

Unknown said...

Indeed it is.
Fast track is masterpiece. "promise" was also good by her. Jeff buckleys "lover you should have come over" is another haunting melody. He also sang nusrats ye jo halka halka suroor hai. An interesting attempt.

Anonymous said...

Do u two love talking to each other :-)