Saturday, September 27, 2014

Love and grace

It's a vast wilderness
This space within
I have not visited it in depth
For an age now
There has been a sorrow
Hanging in the air
The residue of a heart break
And of the carnage in Gaza

I shut down emotionally
After that
And there was a giant Gaza shaped 
Hole in my soul
To keep company with
The dad shaped hole
And heartbreak holes
In this old and worn little heart of mine 

I took a chance just the other day
And opened my heart up again
Love gives you wings to fly
The only problem is 
When you are open
It all is possible
Happiness
Joy
Love
Laughter
And yes even pain
And so just like what goes up
Must come down
The heart that feels
Must feel it all
The sorrow
And the pain
The laughter
And the rain

At the first touch of pain
I felt it again
All the well crafted defenses 
So prudently nurtured
Kick into effect
And start the auto process 
Of shut down 
Once again
---
This time I took a chance
And resisted
I chose the path of 
Human 
And decided for once
Not to be a superhuman 

The storm came and passed
My Bug compared me 
To Nelson Mandela
I smiled through my tears
Sometimes we try
So hard
To show our true self
To others
Who are too blind to see
The real thing

I tried that
I give up
Those that have eyes
Will see me
Those that don't
No longer matter

I am reminded of the words 
Two men spoke to me
The Bear once told me
"Cast not your pearls before swine"
And Gandalf said to me
"My little Persian Princess
Repeat after me 
-I have nothing
To prove
To anyone
Including myself-"

And so today
I wander my wilderness
Again
It is a haven
Full of grace
It is my grace
This is my face
Full of love
And both 
Love and Grace
Are my connection
To my God
After all
God is love
God is grace

I am me
And that is good enough