Friday, September 26, 2014

The storm

The lightening struck
When I got home
The thunder rolled in at the gym
By the time I made it to my car
The storm was in full force
The tears started before my car did
And by the time I was in my garage
The sky caved in
And so it happened 
Right there in that car
The hardest part
The hurt
That you ignore
That catches up 
Before you know
It came in torrents
It came in waves
At first I angered
Then there was protest
Then my plea
And then
When all was lost
And all fell apart
And I was decimated
And at last
I surrendered
To unabashed grief
And the wracking sobs
Had simmered down 
And even the whimper
Had subsided
And all that was left
Was a strange silence 
It found me...
The very deepest core
The very essence 
Of me-
In my darkest moment
It found me
My light
And so it is
Que sera sera
What will be
Will be

3 comments:

Unknown said...

This is what a lot of us have gone through, many should relate in their own ways. Stages of bereavement. Seems like the words just poured out of you in this one?

Anonymous said...

It will be in lightness and darkness. We must learn to be with it to our fullest.

-Mica

Shahnaz said...

Mica-
Indeed my friend... The being with it to the fullest is the only way through.