Thursday, October 2, 2014

The last word

When an ending happens
Words are exchanged
Each is trying to explain
Each to say a goodbye
Each wants to do it in a way
That eases pain
Self and other 

In that conversation
Is the last word
One parting jab
That needs to be inflicted
To absolve the "self"
And indict the other

To say 
"You were wrong"
"This is what it really is"

There will always be two subjective versions of that reality

Truth will be a constant
But there will be different realities
For both

I received the last words
Last night

I had my moment of awakening
And it was huge

The wound is where 
The light enters
I was wounded by those last words
It is strange
How the words
"I love you"
Uttered in parting
Can inflict a wound
But they did

I am glad they did

I said them once
To another as my parting words
I must have wounded him 

We must each do what we do
To keep our egos fed
I fed mine with those words
And high and mighty in my head
I thought I took the high road
Alas-
The only road I took was the lies 
I fed to myself

It is foolish to say a goodbye 
And 
An I love you...

If you love
Don't say goodbye
If it is goodbye
Don't leave your heart behind

I am grateful for that understanding 
Today-
I am grateful for the wound
These last words have inflicted
On me
The wound is where the light enters...

My wound will keep
My heart
Wide open
And a heart that is open
Will always love

Love will always find
An open heart

Real love lasts
Love
From an open heart
Given
And received 
By an open heart
Lasts...
And so I smile

That one is yet to come
So let this be goodbye

It takes two open hearts
To dance 
The tango of love

That one is yet to come

I surrender to the situation
And will let it change me
So that what is mine
May find its way
To me 
And I
To it-





1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.