Monday, February 2, 2015

My city of love

Oddly enough 
There's no place on earth
That I think of as "home"
Not a spot or a corner
That feels like my own
I've wandered this earth
A nomad I am
And yet there's an ache
A longing inside 
For a place full of love 
A place where I smile

Oddly enough
When I think 
Of Peshawar 
It now feels like home
I feel tears in my eyes
And my heart starts to melt
I hear the sounds of laughter
Feel all the love in the air
The warmth of the people
Kind hearts everywhere

Oddly enough
Love and Peshawar 
Both sound the same
They called it the city of flowers
It's fragrance lingers still
The city of love
That's my name for it
In this world
I'm confused
I don't have a home
But if it's my heart that you seek 
It beats in Peshawar
That's where it stayed  
In my city of love
My heart made a home
...



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

As Beautifull post as Peshawar,kudos...

malka bakhtawar said...

wowww... really lovely poem.. <3 <3

Unknown said...

you are an "angel of peshawar" and you rightly deserve this title. we won't forget your services for the people of peshawar.