Wednesday, February 25, 2015

The Unbreakable Heart

"You have to break your heart over and over until it becomes an Unbreakable Heart"

When your heart breaks, your soul can hear the sound...
When your heart breaks, fear tends to take root...
Carefully you construct the outer shell that will enclose your poor heart. Meticulously you discipline it, bit by bit, shut it down and lock it away- for safe keeping and alas, just like that your poor heart is put away, put aside- and there it sits untouched day after day, year after year.
Every so often it forces it's way out and at the first sign of a crack, and the twinge of emotion it's tucked away again for safe keeping-

"A heart cracking open to feel love, feels a lot like a heart breaking open..."

I lived a life
A safe life
A life without a heart
Because of a broken heart
That I tucked away
Once upon a time 
For safe keeping

It's funny I can't even remember
When I put it away

But today
With open heart
I wonder
How much of life I missed
With my poor heart
Locked away

I have been breaking my heart
For ages now
I no longer fear
Breaking
For I have learned from experience 
That I can sustain
A lot

There is a quiet
That settles in my soul now
A knowing
Of the power
Of love
Once all emotions have cycled through me,

All that remains is love
And love is...
It simply 
Is-

Before there was anything
There was love
Out of nothing 
Love brought everything
All you need is love
Love is all you need

And this is why
I have been breaking my heart
Because breaking my heart
Leads to an Unbreakable Heart

You can only know life
Through an Unbreakable Heart
Knowing leads to love
And love to knowing

Knowing about love 
Will lead you to love
And once you arrive at love
All things intersect
And then there is
Abundance
Because love is
Love simply
IS


6 comments:

Kamran Shakeel said...

it means, in order to save your heart you ought to break it first..??

Anonymous said...

Dear Shah Naz,

heart gets break only once, after that its just a count of pieces.
and that really doesn't matter :)

like A broken glass can't be break again.

Anonymous said...

Inspiring.


-WellWisher

Anonymous said...

One of the best ever peice i have read ever in my life,whoever u r,you are great Shahnaz.

Anonymous said...

Ham ne Unhen suna to diya,dil ka ma'jra..

Ab dekhiay jawab Wo kya den,kaha to hai...


Teri nazar mein chahne wala bura to hai..

Laiken khata ma'af,Tujhe chahta to hai...

Anyway what a beautiful post and lovely conclusion.wow

Anonymous said...

The chemistry of mind is different than chemistry of love.mind is carefull,suspicious.he advances little by little,he advices "be carefull,protect yourself"whereas love says "let go yourself".mind is strong never fells down,while love hurts itself.fells into ruins.but is'nt it in ruins that we mostly find the treasures?A broken heart hides so many treasures.