Friday, March 20, 2015

Gizmo

I looked closely 
And saw right through
The lie that he had built
A new world he did create
And even caste another 
To play the part of "me"
The same words
He spoke to her
The same names he used
That once he used for me
How strange the games that are played
The lies we tell ourselves
So deep we bury truths 
We believe the lies we tell
And so with some understanding
I walked away from the window
Of a past I visit often
I'm not quite sure why I still do...
Maybe someday soon I'll uncover
A lie I'm telling myself
It's either the world that's mad-
Or me....
I've yet to discover 
What truth there is to that 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't we all do the same in various phases of life....Yes we do...but that one truth always resides there in the deepest and the narrowest niche of our soul.

Anonymous said...

Lies of one phase of life are truths of the same. Perspective changes with passing time which we call MATURITY....lollzzzz