Saturday, September 12, 2015

Tea, chocolate and tamarind...❤️

It's twilight outside
The soft glow of city lights
Warms up the evening sky
Like fireflies
Cars with headlights whiz by
People coming and going
Moving along
In this maelstrom 
Called life...

I sit still
Here in my coffee shop
In my particular seat
Tangy taste of my tamarind candy
Mixed with my mint tea
Feeling the warmth 
Of contentment
Mixed with some restlessness
Slowly invade my body

Smooth jazz on the radio
I contemplate
The brilliant show
That unfolds daily 
Before my eyes
We wake
We work
We love
We hope
We strive
We cry
One day we die

Outside a little child
Twirls and dances 
To the song 
Inside her head
What a beautiful sight!

It's time for a change...
I anticipate the taste
As I bite into
My dark chocolate 
Instead of the tamarind
I close my eyes 
To immerse fully
Into my delight
It melts on my tongue
A glorious explosion
Of bittersweet flavor
I smile as it satisfies
Fulfills the craving
I take a sip of my tea
The mint flavor
Enhancing the chilli

And ponder some more on
Life...!
For me life is a lot like
Tea and chocolate and tamarind
A fascinating mix 
Of flavor explosions
Of anticipation
Sometimes bittersweet
And hot and often
Incomplete
But if you live it right
...
Life is the most perfect blend
Of unexpected
Mixing in all the right ways
To fulfil
And if you do it right
You'll spend it dancing
Like a little child
To the song
Inside your head
And bite into it
Never simply nibble...
Because life is never meant to be 
A whisper
Life is to be lived
Out loud
-






6 comments:

Anonymous said...

very sensitive inside and bad ass at the same time.

sea breeze and desert voice Sha Naz

Sarah J said...

Is that chocolate nice? :) Little afraid to taste it on a Friday evening

Anonymous said...

I love your work!!.. sharing something i wrote a while back... not great like your's but kinda similar to your style........ Haven't written anything in a while.. hope your work keeps inspiring me so maybe i can break my writers iceberg one day :) and become awesome as you :)

"THE LAST WORD OF MY LIFE"
i need to find....
the last word of my life...
i need to redefine....
what's in my mind...
what i have has been gone....
what i found has been lost....
i need to follow....
the shining path of fallen angels.....
somewhere in the blooming sky above me....
over the rainbow shining beneath me...
i wish for the light.....
i wish it to fight....
for the darkness stolen from me...
what i need is the sound of my broken dream...
which i dare to dream...
struck by the light beneath me....
rejoice the moments i have.....
underneath me...
dazzled by the shadow of light...
hovering in the dark sky like a kite...
beyond the stars where light is bright....
to soon on a crowded moon....
lost in the deep coast of mercy.....
tell me why i can't fly....
tell me secret shine........
secretly shining above me....
tell me my dream is a dream....
where water is green...
tell me the light is still bright....
where the stars move at night....
tell me the sun is playing hide and seek....
and the moon is weak...
tell me the world is true...
and the sky is blue....
where the robins are flying in the path of gold...
where the love is life and life is bold....
tell me the clouds have no clue...
and the flowers are dancing through...
tell me the birds are singing symphony of love...
where the flute is mute....
tell me the sky is on its peak....
and above me there is a leak......
tell me why i am standing beyond the horizon....
while i try to drink a bottle of poison....
with the smile on my face...
while trying to reach the last wave....
and still trying to find...
the last word of my life...

Shahnaz said...

In order to be complete
I must embrace my darkness as well as my light

Shahnaz said...

It's delicious

Shahnaz said...

Simply exquisite :)