Friday, October 9, 2015

Last gentleman standing

I saw him through the day
His face familiar 
But I could not locate 
Him in my memory
In the courtyard we met
Him leaving 
I walking in
We had spoken 
In written words before
I thought I knew his face
He reminded me then
Why I knew his face
We walked back in

In the maelstorm of the evening
We kept missing each other
Until at last we spoke 
He saw me
He heard me
And in the pull of the crowd
We parted
And came together 
Over a meal
I shed a tear
And as he listened
He handed me
A handkerchief...
The last gentleman standing 
My angel of grace

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shah Naz

keep me in your heart for a while

Anonymous said...

The last gentlemen standing...And this must be a Mysterious world.Shahnaz

Shahnaz said...

Lol... Hard to do that when you post anonymously

Shahnaz said...

World is amazing-choices make us who we are

Danali said...

Chivalry is not dead! Some of us just won't let it.

Anonymous said...

Shah Naz

Being anonymous is better then being unknown (

Sadia said...

Shahnaz - Have you ever loved someone so much that you wanted to be with them in Paradise for the whole of eternity?