Thursday, May 19, 2016

Soul food

"Your soul has a voice
What matters is how quickly you answer it's call, and follow where it guides you"


When I answer my soul
I am happy

When I conform to an arbitrary world
I come undone

You may call me 
Out of line
Out of turn
Unrefined
In your world so blind...

But my soul and I are one

I can bear 
Your wrath

But my soul betray
I never can
I am a woman wild
My soul can not be tamed 

I dance at will
Free like the wind
I have no use
For your arbitrary ways

Ask me of the infinite wisdom
In the air
The earth
The waves...
My soul hears it all
The birds call
The heart's wail
No I have no place
For your arbitrary ways

I claim no fame
Seek no fortune
I own a treasure
Deep inside myself

Does my insolence
Antagonize

Does my free voice 
Rasp inside your brain

Does my dancing
Frighten you
Or my lack of shame
Make me 
Someone
You cannot tame

Did you think me
Property
To own
And mold
And rule
And break

I am a woman wild
I give life
I fear not
Your arbitrary ways

With each sunrise
I am reborn
You seek to ruin me
But I am a soul
You cannot
Unmake
My essence
It will remain
Long after your arbitrary ways



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Excellent soul and wonderful feeling