Thursday, June 16, 2016

Locke- mentor, friend and fellow human

I cannot do funerals. 


 I'm not good at goodbye's I never have been. I'm even worse with the goodbye's I did not get to say.


 I went over conversations and looked through all my emails and text messages from Don Locke, and sat with my thoughts for a while. 


I am trying to find some peace and one email in particular, is the one I'm holding on too.


We were sky divers, Don Locke and I. We talked of risk taking and standing for what we believe no matter the cost, and we talked of life! The LIVING part of life, the part where you must live- loud, proud and unafraid, owning who you are and what you are!


We had talked of bucket lists too- And today amid my tears I hope he got every last check mark on his...


And it seems fitting to use a skydiving term to wish my dear friend good bye- 


BLUE SKIES DON...

Fly high!



4 comments:

Unknown said...

So sorry you have lost such a friend. It always seems to me that the world gas a bit less color in it when wonderful leave us.

Anonymous said...

Never forget Shahnaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazzzz this


Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi raji'un!!!

Anonymous said...

So sorry to learn about your loss. But thats life...it takes something inly to give us more...!

I have been watching your AlphaBravoCharlie, and you fascinate me!

All the best and God Bless

Unknown said...

Human can die but love live with us!