Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Sisters raise your sons and daughters

Who raised these men?
Who seek to rescue me
Own me
Control me
And ridicule me?

Who raised these men?
Who talk down to my friends and fawn and gush
And can't seem to compliment anything but their looks- physical attributes...

Who raised these men?
Who don't realize the skill
And talent and brains 
Of the women they behold daily 

Who raised these men
Who dishonor and rape
And beat and yet think
It is their strength they uphold?

Who raised them?
Who raised these men?

Where are my sisters?

Too busy in gossip
Too busy ripping other women apart
Too busy competing with each other
For a man's attention

Who are you sir?
You put down my friend
And compliment me?
She and I are one you see
Disrespect her and you disrespect me


What happened to mothers?
How did theses men
Birthed from wombs
Learn how to spit in a woman's face?

Wake up my sister!
Chastise your son!
He mistreats a woman
He mistreats you!

Wake up my sister!
You watch him cheat
He cheats with you
If he cheats on her
He cheats on you

Wake up my sister
Help me up
If you put me down
You put you down too

Be a woman, dear sister 
Rise!
Speak!
Dear sister 
Raise your spirit
Raise your sons
Raise your daughters
Raise you too



2 comments:

Unknown said...

yes totally agree with you."reallity

Anonymous said...

Well written. Woman must ponder and know their worth. Master piece.