Sunday, February 22, 2009

31

So here I am! Past midnight- (Hallucinogen presentation just finished) and laughing over good old times with friends who keep calling to tell me I am loved and thought of... in so many ways.

I am blessed is what I think... (in the brief respite from the ringing of the phone).... I am lucky and I am blessed. I have love. All forms of it. And so much of it that once again my cup overfloweth....

I am 31 today.
And after the stressful (tongue in cheek) decision of deciding whether I was going to stay 30, turn 32 and skip 31 altogether, or actually turn the dreaded 31 (ack!)
(30 is a great number! 32 sounds distinguished... 31 is just sort of "there" not very psychedelic- and yes I use that word because of the recent hallucinogenic research... and no... I did not use :P I merely read and wrote! Get your heads out of the gutter!!)I HAVE decided to turn 31.

And I am very excited I might add. Life is good. Life is great!

Today started with Bubba Jee's beautiful face and her unsuppressed excitement because she and Mrs. Smith and Rebbecca have a surprise planned for me for tomorrow- sshhhhh... she doesn't know I know ;)She could barely contain herself all day. I have an angel in my life. Yes I am blessed...

Then came flowers- roses...red, a cuddly bear and candy! Always beautiful.. Always touching! It never ceases to amaze me how my vase is always full! Yup!
I am blessed...

Throughout the day, I got little gifts... smiles and texts and "I love you's"... songs, "Peera" (while at the salon! with color in my hair! yes i heard peera!)... and laughter... voices I love... hearts that love... people I cherish... all around me.... all my family
Yes, I am blessed...

A little note. So beautiful. It touched my heart...
Facebook messages
E mails
Phone calls...

I was called OWLY again! What a treat.
Kaniggit called- how sweet!

I was put on speaker phone to speak with a biker, with long hair, who plays the blues!! (Yaya!!) Who promised to eat curly fries just for me ;) to celebrate my "short" curly hair... who told me of Lush Pash! I am Lush Pash...

And then... at the very moment... the hour... the minute... I heard a voice. Your voice...
So dear. So near. So true. So you.......
What better way to start the year, than with you. I love you!

For who you are- I love you
For who you can be- I love you
For simply being- I love you
For loving me- I love you
For how you make me feel- I love you
For words that were real- I love you
For "jaan"- I love you

...

Yes, 31 looks to be a good year!

14 comments:

fai said...

Hayy Shahnaz..!!!!

Happy Birddayyy..!!! May you have many many more....!!! :-) njoyy..!!!!

TehBoogieMonsterMan said...

I'm supposing it was your birhtday? Happy Birthday =D
Hope you had a great one, God Bless You =)

Life is hard but keep going anyways said...

Happy Birthday Shahnaz
May U be blessed with everything which can be wished for our loved ones
:)
Have a great year ahead-Amin

Anonymous said...

ooooohhhhh do i sing a happy birthday to you then?
or may you have 51 more?

or lemme sing you a parody of humpty dumpty :D
hugs
and all the best wishes!

Unknown said...

awww :) !!!

i m waitin for u to wake up again... or somin.. b4 i ring u... its still early where u live :D !!!

Faisal Jaan... said...

Happy birthday...

Anonymous said...

BTW who is ur "Jaan"

Anonymous said...

So, you are 31 years old now,
hmmm....
what was your age when you start acting in ABC?

FAISAL RIAZ said...

hi Shahnaaaaaaz,

I couldn't remember it but better late than never.

I wish u happy belated birthday. I wish u live long and cheer up in all years to come here in this world and also in the next NEVER ENDING WORLD.

I was extremely waiting for you to resume writing. I have a news for you too. I have got job in Telenor (7th largest mobile operator of the world). It fun to work at new place with new colleagues though its hard coz its just beginning of new professional life. I'm part of Marketing now and taking care of products.

Once again, Happy Birthday!

And one more thing, you owe me a phonecall & a dinner. Remember?

Intellectual Solitude said...

hey there Shahnaz!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY to our blessed girl :)
may you have many many many manyyyy more blessed bithdays with you near an dear ones.. :)
sorry for wishing you so late :S

mubi said...

happy hatching day shahnaz!! :D 31 is 3 + 1 = 4
you turned 4!! yay! :$
*balloon bursting, confetti showering*

Ali said...

the happy vibes are flowing out of the screen..

Ali said...

i found that email follow-up comments to ... tab.. finally

Shahnaz said...

ali-

it was a very happy day!