Saturday, December 20, 2014

War Machine

In a time of deep sorrow and loss
In a world gone mad
From a place of rage
Avenging heralds land
And lay to waste 
Several sons of man

I read
I see 
I watch
And silently behold
The carnage
The blood
And gore 

Not much difference do I see now
In what I once called 
Friend and foe
Each blind in the face of righteous might
Calls the other dog and snake and filth
And screams for blood and death

My heart is heavy
As I note
They act and talk and look the same
Dehumanize the other

My heart is heavy
My soul weary
And yet I can't be silent
And so I'll scream it with every last breath
IF WE ALL DEHUMANIZE
THERE WONT BE ANY HUMANS LEFT!

Yes the victim was a human
And the killer human too!
Yes the victim had a mother
And the murderer too...

There always is a ripple effect 
For both victim 
And perpetrator
Kill one
And humanity dies
Kill yet another and humanity dies
Killing can't bring them back!

Killing leads to only more killing
WHERE is the sense in that?

I was already grieving 
When the children died
And I'm sorry to offend 
But I really can not celebrate 
When their killer is dead
For...
I see no celebration 
In ANY kind of life unnaturally taken

Since I cannot dole out life
I dare not dole out death!

Some jobs are mine 
On this earth
But life and death...
I cannot pretend to interpret 
Were mine to give and take

I am not
And never will be
A part of this war machine

2 comments:

Unknown said...

awesome... bohth alaa

Unknown said...

awesome... bohth alaa