Thursday, October 27, 2011

creativity

it is a new beginning indeed-

after a restless moment
after the scramble to find your number
after an email
and another and then a third
i remembered who i am
again
i found the one i had lost
like this...
and with that reading came
the outflow of passion
mine by right
divine
supreme
ishq
i remembered
who i am
i remembered why
i remembered
once before i had sent
"teray ishq ki inteha chahta hun..."
i remembered
how i died
in small increments
again and again
as i sat
as i wasted
as i wept
as i begged
in vain
for your love
for a piece of you
for some vindication
and day by day
as it all fell through
a part of me went away too
...
i have not painted since
"fuck you life"
i have not written since valentine
...
and today my friend said to me
i need to learn how to let a man be a man
and another commented
i already know how
i am just struggling to let go
and it dawned on me
just now
no
no
no
i do know how
i did let go
i fell
so hard
and lay in wait
for someone to help me up
and yet
why?
why did i fall

because we must
fall
in the fall is the break down
in the break the undoing
to be
we must first be undone
and so yes
like a world within a world
and self within a self
a soul in depth
in essence
like plato's cave
a reflection of the truth
and truth within a truth
the journey to the light
the source of knowing
and being and self
and soul and truth
therein lies creativity
and yes
i am undone
and thus
i am
found
....

1 comment:

Dave Llewellyn said...

I love Paradox at this time of year.
The chill air warms my soul.
The silence between the children's voices
Fills the air with laughter.
Your tears of longing and pain of separation
bring you closer to the One.
In leaving lies the joy of homecoming.
Losing my self in You, I discover who
I am.