Thursday, November 10, 2011

Disorientation

There is confusion
I am directionless
Shattered in soul
Broken in heart
Alone
Oh so alone...
I seem to have left every relationship I knew- so far behind....
I am forging some new ones and trying to mend those that have been in dire need of repair
I am unwilling to be taken for granted
I am unwilling to be misused and mistreated
I am unwilling to settle
for just anything...
less than what I want
I KNOW what I don't want
I am searching for what I do want
And it is so humbling
The loneliness
And the empty road before me
And even as I sit and contemplate the infinite road that lies before me
Going onward long into the distance
Even as it overwhelmes and terrifies me
Even as I shake and break into sobs at the immse task before me
I know I shall soon get up and begin to walk...
For a while I sit and I cry
I pray for courage and for strength
I carry my flask filled with hope to sustain me
I falter as I try to get up and stumble again to my knees
I touch my head to the earth
In recognition of my fear
In prayer to the lord above to give me grace
In acknowledgement of my present and of my past
I am nameless
And I am alone
And I contemplate the vastness of the universe of which I am a part
And I can think of only one word to give me strength
Hu...
HE IS...
And thus I know I am
And this too shall pass...

No comments: