Friday, November 11, 2011

Regret

..."I know I can't take one more step towards you
'cos all that's waiting is regret.
I'm not your ghost anymore
You lost the love I loved the most..."

YOU were the one I loved the most-
It took looking at myself through my daughters eyes to see the truth. To see my pain. To see the hurt. To see the damage that one bastard caused. It took looking at myself through my child's eyes to see how often I had allowed him to take me for granted and rip me to shreds. It took my daughter's quiet observation to snap me out of my trance of weakness. It took me seeing myself as my child sees me to recognize my own strength and resolve...

"...But I have grown far too strong to ever fall back into your arms..."

She heard this in her music class yesterday and said that the lyrics hit close to her... and she had me listen to it after dinner last night...

..."you broke all your promises...
...don't come back for me, don't come back at all..."

EVER
You are my biggest mistake and my biggest regret to date-

No comments: