Thursday, August 7, 2014

"We teach life..." (Gaza)



Sumoud...
Steadfastness.

It has been a very difficult month. My heart has been bleeding since Gaza started bleeding. In one of my darkest moments of despair I write to Hanya-
"I am broken..."
She wrote back-
"You love them... They will feel your love..."
 
They have taught me how to live!

Gaza
Palestine
I want you to know
You do teach life!
You have taught me how to live...

Out of the implements of destruction you create art.
In the rubble you find treasures.
In darkness you brought light
Where there was only black and white and dust, you brought flowers.
When there was no chalk you wrote with your tears.
In the ruins of your home, you made another home...
You are the people of legends
You are the Phoenix rising from the ashes
...
You teach LIFE!



2 comments:

Sikander said...

Indeed life goes on no matter how hard the place gets bombed or destroyed. Gaza or Pakistan life goes on.

But the silence of the world on this recent butchering is beyond justification.

FAISAL RIAZ said...

Gaza is bleeding while the UN, self proclaimed sympathizer of every nation the United States of America and European countries are sleeping over the issue deliberately. And what to say of Arabs... they never woke up from slumber...