Sunday, October 19, 2014

On my knees...

The thing about a broken back is,
I find myself either face down on the floor 
Or on my knees often-
Both, I have discovered 
Are an excellent position
For me to pray

I vowed 
When I was very little
That if I ever bowed my head
It would only be before God
So it is fitting that it is bowed often before Him now

Another thing about being down there
Is that I am learning how to fight 
From the ground
It is a different kind of fight
One I am not used to
I usually fight on my feet
I am quick on my feet
But I guess
The Lord
In his wisdom decided
I needed to learn how to fight
A different way

I learn fast once acceptance kicks in
Humility follows
And then comes turmoil
The struggle of impatient ones
Over eager novices
Like myself

But like I read somewhere
"What is to give light must endure burning..."
I shall endure
And burn
And while on the floor face down
And on my knees
I shall say a prayer
Each time
To Him
That is 
Light
Divine



 

No comments: