Thursday, July 4, 2013

Free soul

This is my skin...
The one that I was born in
It is a part of me
It glows with life
From within-

You may
Disapprove
And turn up your nose
It will not cringe
It is my skin
And I will never 
Disown 
My own
Skin
To appease
Your whim...

This is my heart
This is my soul
...
And yes
This is my life
I live free
And freedom
Is my right
And not your gift
---

I will not 
Pretend
Subservience
To feed your ego
Mine is well in check
And I have not much
To prove
To you
Or me
Or anyone else
...

This is my bliss
And my
Home
I am not a body
Housing a soul
I AM...
A soul
I have a body 
I have a thought
So be with me 
With my soul
Or be gone
And find your own way
Pollute not
My space
My soul
My skin
My home
...

1 comment:

... said...

You are really good. I have been reading various blog posts of yours from the last 2 hours. So unassuming, innocent in character- make me fall in love with you, I kid you not.
Best of luck for everything.