Monday, July 29, 2013

She has to go away-

She has to go away
And I must stay
I have to let her go
My anger cannot keep her

I am angry that she's old
I am angry she was wrong
I am angry 'cos I love her
I am angry 'cos I'm wrong

SO VERY WRONG!

I am not even angry
Maybe I'm scared
Maybe a lot sad
And sometimes even lost...

I saw her eyes today,
As I put on my makeup,
Between my face and the mirror
And they were FULL of LOVE!!!!

I heard HIM speak to me
This is the last time-
You may not ever see
Those loving eyes again...

I went in and I told her
I LOVE YOU MOM
And I know that
YOU LOVE ME TOO

I told her " I am sorry"
She said "please forgive me"
I said "forgive me too"
And just like that...
The past was done.

We had the present moment
We had OUR LOVE
I had MY MOTHER 
And she had ME 
In that moment
We had LOVE
And GOD is LOVE

And she knows
And I know
That she
"Has to go away..."
And
"I must stay."

And we cried-
Because of L O V E 
...
We cried...
But-
GOD is LOVE!

And she knows....
And I know...
Because God and Love

(told us so...)

That she HAS to 

...go away...

And I must stay-

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thumb up for this beautiful depthy soul healing peice of writing,not writing actually.. u know i hope can't express in words
Beautiful piece:)☺

Anonymous said...

Oh Shahnaz, you’re beautiful! Im so disheartened to read this, is your mum dying…? I have no words to say, I cant imagine what you must be going through

Deja Vu said...

quite familiar feelings each time we say goodbye, luv my mom, but, hey, no one of us both knows, who has to depart. coz, its not with old age, its with the time that we have to be called, but, similar feelings are shared

Anonymous said...

i know its not easy but when things go down don't go down with them climb up and stay strong,and you know you are extremely strong already.

Anonymous said...

Take care Shahnaz!