Friday, August 1, 2008

Insomnia...

I should be in bed and sleeping... unfortunately sleep is elusive these days. I have had very poor sleep hygiene- staying up 'till all hours and sleeping when I want, for the last month or so and therefore now my sleep schedule is all messed up. Plus I have been a lazy bum and have not been working out so that is no good. Anyway, as I was saying I am an insomniac tonight.

I just ate some chocolate, and cereal and some toast with butter. I had hoped the carbs and sugar would help. They haven't kicked in as yet. But I can feel the love handles starting to grow. If there is anything I hate, it is being out of shape. I am morbidly terrified of being anything but toned. So the love handle thought is actually causing me much angst right now (probably should have just munched on some carrots instead... Must work out!!).

Hmmmm... I mustn't ramble on endlessly. Sleep deprivation makes for a loose tongue. For me it is like being on truth serum. A lot of stuff just tumbles out unchecked and uncensored. I always thought that was just my imagination- sleep deprivation=truth but there is something to it as a matter of fact. Tavistock Group Therapy actually calls for extended hours at a time simply because extended hours tend to make one tired and when tired we lower our defenses....

So this is me here with all my guards down, in my most real state. Fortunately for me there are no questions and no discussions, merely loud thinking. That way, at least, I know that I am not giving too much away......

9 comments:

Unknown said...

***i wish we could talk right now***

i seriously do :) !!!

hmm... i hav been sufferin more or less from imsomnia in the past.. it had aggrevated in da last few weeks but its goin bak to the minor cases now... at least i get enuff sleep to wake up later on !!! instead of being awake all night...

eatin duz help... a full tummy is a good way to hav a good sleep... unless its da tummy troublin ya... lol...

baqee... havin lower defenses when you are tired... yea... and i think thats what sports are all about... tennis matches are a profound example... the pros normally tend to play easily till the opponent is tired... and thats when they raise their game...

you being a feelin doctor... could do the same... or maybe you already do... don you... get the person comfy... talk to them... let em lower their defenses... before attackin the problems...

i think i m talkin out of my own loss of sleep... i tend to talk a lot of rubbish when i do... i hav said things that hav got me in trouble ... stayin up late... jus goin online to get rid of the sleepless state... endin up sayin things in a much harsher manner than i should hav...

i donno... lol... :D
i am a fool :D

Shahnaz said...

Sam my dear man,

You are human- treat yourself with the same compassion you treat others.

And sometimes the lowering of defenses is actually a good thing- we tent to sugar coat stuff far too much and let people who take undue advantageof us walk all over us because we love them. Sometimes a harsh truth gets the point across and finally does justice to the way we actually feel!

Don't dwell on the past and deeds already committed. If you can learn from them and then onward soldier into the future.

Life is happening right now. Live it!

;) (i would've loved to chat too... hope all is well)
Hugs

Unknown said...

awww... even you mentionin it means a lot to me :D !!!

well... you are right in many ways jee... but... easier said than done i guess... at least for me... too many nerves feelin da pain.. .and in so many ways... but yea... gettin there !!!

baqee yea... i call lowerin my defenses 'using my anger'... lol... when i get so frustrated that i jus tell people exactly what i think of them.. and otehr such things !!! feels good at times... bad at others...

but... i am in 'I don really care' mode these days so works well !

Anonymous said...

You guys sound like Oprah and Dr. Phil (not a compliment). :D

Insomnia? I, on the other hand, can't find enough time to sleep.

Plus, I tend to thrive on sleeplessness. There was this time when I slept only ~6 hours in a 72-hour period because of exams, etc. After I was done with my last exam, I played cricket instead of going to sleep....good times.

Anonymous said...

"Sleep deprivation makes for a loose tongue"
ugh i hate myself so much right now...

only if u had written this post a few days bk, i wud have taken precaution...and now i m totally messed up.

Unknown said...

lol.. yea been there mouse... durin exams i used to go throo da last 40 odd hours str8 with no sleep.. giv da exam.. and once da exam was over i was so tired sleep jus wudn come so carry on was my beleef... !!!!

i jus cannot get enuff sleep too... dat is what insomnia is... lol... but mainly coz i cannot go to sleep !!!

Shahnaz said...

Mubi darling....

i sense you are heavy of heart. i wish you peace of mind....

hugs

Unknown said...

big hug for mubi ... from sami da teddy bear :D !!!

i hope all gets well... !!!

waisay once i had a funny incident... this friend of mine called me ard 2 am ... and i for once... was aleep... what i rem is dat she told me she had got a promotion and a raise... and a lil while later had hung up in a bit of an anger... i had no idea why... i still do not ... i kinda tried talkin to her but she wudn... lol... and later on she said da fact i didn kno made it worse... umm... anyhu.. as is da case wid her.. she jus called me up after som time n made up.. shes quite cute dat way :D !!!

anyhu.. bak to mubi.. wish u da best.. hope it gets better !

Anonymous said...

Have you ever considered acupuncture for your insomnia? Acupuncture is a wonderful treatment for insomnia that people don't often think about. I've helped a lot of people with insomnia. Often they fall asleep right then during treatment, but they almost always report getting to sleep faster and staying asleep through the night. You should look for a good acupuncturist in your area.