Wednesday, January 4, 2012

2012

A new year
A new beginning
A new start

I walked familiar trails, in a familiar city, filled with familiar lights-
NYC!
What a joy to be back again and let you fill me up.
I angered and I yearned and I feared and I cried.
I wasn't able this year to visit old haunts-
It was not the time to sit and bemoan the past
Yes...Alas!
At every step when I tried to relive the past
Fate would not have it and steered me a different way
No, nothing in this world happens by change
We are all part of a delicate fabric
Each tendril exquisitely precise
Each action and step a defining moment
I did not deliberate
I wandered on and
When I tried to sit still I was shoved along
And when I tried to walk back I was broken down
And at last today, just now in fact-
I understand...

Deliberate on all you do
Each moment is infinite
If you only knew
Each thought
Each step
Each action
Incredibly powerful
To alter the course of all existence
Butterfly effect

I will be mindful this year
I will be watchful
I will be true
To me
First and foremost
I will work and toil
my shattered parts I'll rebuild
...
There's growth in the tear
There's hope in the wear
Weathering is good for the soul
It generates essence
What squeezes us tight and dry
Will render our very core to the forefront
Back to basics
there never was a problem I could not solve
Back to basics
I'll redefine my dilemma
therein lies the answer
It has been there all along
I have merely been asking the wrong question

This year I shall redefine my questions!
A new year
A leap year
A chance to redeem
All that was lost
A chance to live
A moment more...
2012

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Perhaps you need to get rid of the questions. :)

Shahnaz said...

Sami! Missed ya man...
what? No questions- do you know me???!!! ahahahaha

Shahnaz said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Deja Vu said...

back to basics :)
or
just another one of the usual new-year resolutions ?


&
such a fresh look of the blog.

Shahnaz said...

@ deja vu-

my readers know me too well hehehe...

not this time- this is a goal NOT a resolution. we put effort and energy towards a goal to achieve it. that's what i am doing this time.