Sunday, June 1, 2008

The art of my expression series #3


(charcoal on paper)

The day creativity reentered my life.... I did this one in 2004. The plant was a miniature that sat on my coffee table in the bonus room upstairs. (Sadly, I killed it...I have not a green thumb) But it was a beautiful plant. I was sitting around idling time away, looking to find some aspect of my essence. I had lost myself in the mundane and yearned for a reconnection with my center. I absentmindedly picked up the pencils and started to scribble. 90 minutes later this is what emerged... and I had no idea I had whiled away an hour and a half! I felt renewed. I saw some glimpses of myself again and was eager to peel away the layers and reveal more. Yup! It all started with a sketch...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Where art thou?
Looked for thee
Through the long poignant nights
Seemed like a hundred years
Thousand breaths and yet less
I grew old and stayed young
Through the pensive adagio nights


i dont know why and how thats related to your post, but i just felt like adding it here. heres for ur art.