Friday, August 21, 2009

Awareness and Understanding

When confusion reigns supreme and awareness begins to come, but slowly... When those we had put on hold because we did not know any more are remembered, and haunt our memories uninvited and yet are allowed, to linger, to stay, to continue on enmeshed in our existence-

Can we then say:

"We have an understanding?"

There is a term in urdu "Bay ikhtyari"
And a lovely ghazal that goes like this

...ishq atish...
...ho yaar sannu lag gayi bay ikhtyari...

Kuch cheezain aisi hoti hain jin pay hammay koi ikhtyar nahi hota...
Wo bas hain....

Zindagi main kuch aaisay laug hain jin ki zindagi ki dor ham say milli huwi hai...
Jitna chahain un ko bhar main phenkna,
Phenk nahi patay ham...

There are those in life whose paths are enmeshed with us...
They run alongside sometimes, and then they merge and run as one...and then they tangent off for a little while and go off on their own, only to return and cross paths again...

These are people I know too well...
These are people I am connected to...
I don't know how...
I don't know why...
But here they are...
And here they'll stay.

They are those who have emerged far from the depths of the cave. And they stand now in the light and yet from time to time we all have our moments of confusion.

I wrote to him the other day and asked forgiveness if I had ever hurt him. This is a person I am connected to- Don't know how and don't know why...

I made my peace today in my soul with him today...

3 comments:

Faisal said...

very nice..... its all written by u????

Asma said...

these are true lines. many ppl we meet in life who we are not supposed to knw, but we meet 'em. And we meet them because it was written by Allah i guess. they come 2 our lives to make us learn something. so its a gud thing i guess.

Arfan said...

lol @ bhar mai phenkna...