Tuesday, September 30, 2014

I grieve for Gaza

I feel the lump in my throat
The sting of tears behind my eyes
Even as I try to fight them back
A few pour through
I scramble to find my phone
To blog
Because if I don't
I will break
I will crack 
I will fall apart
Right here 
Right now 
And there is just not enough space
And not enough time 
To do that right this second

And my poor heart 
Told once more
"Hold on"
Holds on
Some more...

It's coming up for me
The tears that I left uncried
The grief that I left unfelt
The horror
The pain
Of Gaza

It's coming up again...

There are faces
Seared in my mind
Living faces 
Holding the dead they once loved
Broken 
Both the living and the dead
And me witness
And me helpless 

I am a healer
I heal pain
To witness it inflicted
With such cruelty
And carelessness
And a world sitting by
I cannot wrap my head around
That fact 

It is coming up again
In waves
Lest I forget
What I know
What I saw
What happened
What was done

My eyes feel tears
My heart breaks
My
Soul
Weeps
I cannot
Explain
Just
How I feel

I am simply aware
A part of me is irrevocably 
B R O K E N
 
I can only accept

I can only grieve

I can only feel this pain

That I am now aware 
Will never
Ever
Actually 
Be gone
Ever...

I will find ways to cope
I will hope
And some days
I will laugh
I will eat and breath
And live and love
But I will do it all
With this pain 
In my soul
 
It will never be 
Gone
I will see SHAIMA 
Everytime
I close my eyes
And countless more
In my waking moments 
And in my sleep

I will feel the soft skin
And the laughter that no longer rings
And the only thing to keep me company
Is the awareness that is all too real
They are gone
And I was witness to it
I am in pain
And will be until my last breath

Gaza 
My soul weeps for you
My heart aches
The tears fall
Will always fall
For you


No comments: