Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Just a moment



As my 10 year old struggles through the aches in her life- as the hardships of her station get her down and her tears tug and rip at my heart, I falter in wisdom and understanding even as I come up with just the thing to help her get a grip and learn her strengths.

I showed her this video and had her listen to the song and she fell apart in tears and said, "It's just what I'm feeling mom. It's such a beautiful song..."

I watch with my heart in shreds as her tears fall freely. I am tempted to distract and to fix but I have learned that a broken heart must feel the pain in order to heal... and so I do nothing except comfort and sit with her.

In the mess.
In the pain.
In the tears.
Letting her know...

My love
My child
I am here.
When you need me-
I will be near...

The heartache that abounds
Her with her 10 year old one
Me with my 32 year old one
Ahhh life-
It's just a moment
This time will pass...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Abhi kuch din lagain ge
Dil aise shehar kay pamaal ho jaanay ka manzar bhoolnay main
Abhi kuch din lagain ge

Jahaan-e-rung kay saaray khas-o-khaasaak ,
sub suro-o-sanober bhoolnay main
Abhi kuch din lagain gay


Thakay haaray hooway khwaaboun kay saahil par,
kaheen ummeed kaa chota saa ikk ghar
bantay bantay reh gaya hay
wo iikk ghar bhoolnay main, abhi kuch din lagain gay

Magar ab din hee kitnay reh gaye hein
Bus, ik din dil kee loh-e-muntazir per
Achaanak
Raat utray gee
Mayri baynoor Aankhoun kay khazaanay main
chuppay her khwaab kee takmeel kar day gee
Mujhay bhee khwaab main tabdeel kar day gee
Ik aisa khwaab jiss kaa dekhnaa mumkin naheen tha
Aik aisaa khwaab jiss kay daaman-e-sud chaak main koee mubarak
Koee roshan din naheen thaa
Abhi kuch din laggain gay

- Iftikhar Arif

Ahsan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

In continuation of my previous post, which came out quite wrong as I reflect upon it now, I wanted to let you know that my sister has told my other sister that her memory of the "ex" is getting quite hazy now. It's been a few years now. She doesn't talk about these things with me because I'm the youngest and we were never all that close.

"Time heals all wounds" -- that's the message basically.

Teach you daughter that this is normal. The going back and forth-- we are all a community. Connected due to each other's present and past passions. Don't hurt or let your daughter hurt.
Your daughter is so cute and intelligent and you are a wonderfully graceful lady.

Keep smiling :)