Monday, March 10, 2008

Surprises and little joys in life....



Orange popsickles, mushrooms in the grass after the rain, sunny afternoons, running around in bare feet, splashing in puddles, dancing in the rain, kittens nuzzling my neck, body rolls down the hill, climbing trees, hot fudge, fish and chips and mudpies....When I was a little girl these things gave me joy.

I don't know how, I don't know when... but it happened. One day I grew up.

Now I am still blessed for the surprises and little joys in life that still come my way. A friend sent me this little song and it completely made my day!

I am so grateful to all my dear ones for the joy that they bring to my life...

>for the photos from New York and sunsets just for me
>for notes and e mails and heart to heart soul searching chatter- the kind that I love, the kind that I crave
>for gifts of praise when I am feeling low down and so unsure
>for patience and understanding
>for caring and love
>for all of you

You make life beautiful.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Through life of joy and life of dread...
~
Through life of joy, and life of dread,
the years have come as time has fled;
although, with sadness and days of strain,
I've learned to sing and laugh again.
~
Eager and hurt, I found the light,
a slow awakening brought deep insight,
Memories and love, will always remain,
to meet my conscious thoughts again.
~
Pathways of life strew many a flowers,
to cherish the past, to soothe mourning hours;
And those I can't handle, God helps me indeed,
through daily encounters with people I'll meet.
~
God is in the details I'm speaking of.
Let your soul stay a little ajar to
Welcome Him.
~
Ilse

Shafaq said...

After so many days, full of life words from you. I'm so happy for you.
May Allah will bless you with every thing you wish from life.