Friday, October 10, 2008

I sound SQUEAKY!!! ??!!!





So while I'm still up...it's close to 2:00am here...

I just got through with the Nadia Khan show thingie and like 10 seconds later Qasim calls. Nadia Khan did not know who Qasim was... I guess he is better known as Gul Sher. To me He's Qasim and a great friend. So anyway he calls and we laugh over good old days and then we laugh over Faraz losing his hair... I know, I know, that is NOT funny, but Qasim and I always teased Faraz about it. Quite frankly it makes him look dignified.

I had been trying to get a hold of Qasim earlier regardng the show, but for some reason was not able to do so because his cell phone was not responding. He informs me though, that he would not have been able to participate because being in the army he needs to have proper protocol and permission from his superiors etc.... He did say to say hello to all his fans, so HELLO from Qasim folks!

He and I used to have tons of fun during the recording of the show and have managed to stay very close friends ever since. In the same flavor as many yesterdays Qasim says,
"Shahnaz call them (the TV station) right now and tell them that you have heard from me and that I send my regards".

So I try to dial the number that I got the call in to the interview/show from, and fail miserably. We have a giggle over that and then the hotel scene with Faraz comes up and we talk about how much fun we had that night recording. Qasim and I had recorded our scene before Faraz and my scene and I remember we were starving because it was one whole night of recording!!! With no food in sight. Imagine that! One of those, water water everywhere but not a drop to drink. That was a restaurant scene after all. They were not open for business! We went out for breakfast after....

Well, Qasim had to hang up because his mom was calling from Peshawar... but he says,
"I'll call back..."

Knowing him he probably does not realize it is 1:00am here at my end!!! He never does realize that. He usually wakes me up when he calls at 2:00 in the morning all happy and fresh while I groggily say,
"Yaaaaaar! Raat kay do bajj rahay hain!!!"

While I am typing this, loyal blog follower Fahad messages me on facebook and says,
"hey shahnaz it's me Fahad... ur blog follower :-D ....
plzz do add me up ..
just heard u on Nadia Khan Show ... u sounded just like u used to ... though ur voice seemed a little squeaky but then again ... LOVED IT :-D !!!
tee cee..njoy !!!"

I sound squeaky!!??? Fahad, me dear man... it is 1:00 am here...lol, I have been eating nutella nonstop while waiting for the show to call. Of course I sound squeaky! I have to go run 4 miles tomorrow and work out and then go ride my beautiful Scarlett over a two foot jump course ( I love Fridays!!!!!). I'll be happy if squeaky is all I am tomorrow....

But now I am obsessing... did I sound squeaky?

So anyway... back to ruminating...
Qasim is in Pindi and will be dropping in to see my mom in Isloo tonight. I wish I was there. I remember the old days when Qasim would drive me home after the shoots (it was usually one of the guys... him, Faraz, Abdullah or Maj. Atif Yad Ali) and we would sit and chat and have tea after. I'll miss that tonight.....

So anyway, I'm having a very nostalgic moment. And oh look!
Qasim must be done talking with his mom, 'cos it's him calling...

Well Adios peeps!
Until next time....
And yes Qasim says Hi!!!!

26 comments:

Zareen said...

oh. that must be really nostalgic.
those memories are cherish able for all of us as well.
sorry, missed the NKS episode today.
hope its uploaded on YouTube soon.

farah said...

Hmm ...interesting...I like what you write....kind of relate to it...in a way...it is very touching
Shahnaz this is Farah...i would love to have you as my friend....I am on facebook as Farah Hassan....let me know

farah said...

I missed NKS too....since I am up and came across ur blog I am planning to record it....Just to let you know I loved ABC and I loved your character in that play....I felt that you were one strong individual then and after so many years now your writing emanates strength and determination that is very inspiring...

Intellectual Solitude said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

wat i wonder is what accent qasim has in real life... lol !!!

oh btw... look who's talkin... sombody called sombody els around 3.40 am !!!! :P !!!

and no... u do not sound squeaky... u sound perfectly fine and absolutely awsom :D !!!

ps... when dis this nadia khan show air... why didn i hear aboutit!!! mus b an american thing ... or mayb da fact that i do not watch tv came into play!!!

Anonymous said...

in the morning when i picked up The News,,US fell down on the lawn (as uusual) and i saw a familiar face and then i was like hey its shahnaz on the cover :D lol

ooo and its all about Gul sher in the post *blush* when i watched ABC earlier this year it was all for Gul sher(coz when it was originally on aired i was really young to actually remember anything except for the terrace, shouting shahnaz, antenna scene) that was funny!

Calm Cool said...

Hi to Mr. Qasim from his fans :)

although he can't participate & we missed him bt its really nice dat u hello ur fans through ur bst frnd .
thanx


well thanks alot for urs contribution. its really so nice of u :)
cheers

hasan said...

You are looking great in the Burka pic...why didnt you continue wearing it?

Mannan said...

Ur Call should have been more longer :S !!
Just when i started to ponder on whether you sounded squeaky or not the line just went down! *sigh*

But faraz was simply superb.He was so simple and humble! Thanking his fans all the time!! and he didn't even mind at all he jokes about his hair :P !
A Great man beside being a splendid actor!!
Hats off to the 'jealous dinosaur'!
Our loving Faraz!

Shahnaz said...

It is very nostalgic.... i miss it all... the cast, the fun time... my youth... sigh!

Shahnaz said...

farah

thanks so much. i like to believe that i am strong.... and the BIG GUY up there has been VERY kind to me...

Shahnaz said...

peppermint

thanks a bunch!

Shahnaz said...

Qasim sounds the same in real life too....

and I guess I am guilty ass charged. I too have NO concept of time zones when I call...

:P

Shahnaz said...

mubi

that was a funny scene....

i'll have to tell Qasim that he still has a ton of admirers....

i can see reem(his wife) rolling her eyes at qasim!

Shahnaz said...

calm

qasim is a great person in real life!

Shahnaz said...

hasan

it was smelly!

Shahnaz said...

manan...

yay it was not squeaky!!
you hear that fahad??? i did not sound squeaky... lol....

take care this is squeaky signing out!

Anonymous said...

hey i love Gulshair's charachter cos he was the most sharefest guy lol!, well i was very angry that why din they tried to contact him... but nyways Nadia was saying that he is a cornel now...(dun knw hw 2 spell dat).....
would u guys ever cum bk 2gether & prob do another drama? the casting was really cool & that vut guy was really funny as well.....
Salam 2 all of the cast of ABC & espcially 2 Qasim Bhai coz he is my fav cos i'm khan as well.... lol

Shahnaz said...

laiba!!

I agree "Khans" are the greatest!!!

I am a Khan too always was.. always will be regardless of what I ended up with :) (namewise)

Anas said...

Thx a lot 4 ur words in my inbox Shahnaz.I dont have words to express how excellent ur performance was in ABC,just like a true actor.All of us in Pakistan love you a lot & want you to come back & do some plays,may it be selective only.And yes wrt Nadia Khan SHow,i wont say im sorry 2 knw about ur divorced Cuz you said u r happily divorced!!!!!!So if you are happy,we are happy 4 u too!Do kiss ur lovely sweet janu kid on behalf of me plzzzzzzzzz.Is there any of her pics available????

Anas said...

Thx a lot 4 ur words in my inbox Shahnaz.I dont have words to express how excellent ur performance was in ABC,just like a true actor.All of us in Pakistan love you a lot & want you to come back & do some plays,may it be selective only.And yes wrt Nadia Khan SHow,i wont say im sorry 2 knw about ur divorced Cuz you said u r happily divorced!!!!!!So if you are happy,we are happy 4 u too!Do kiss ur lovely sweet janu kid on behalf of me plzzzzzzzzz.Is there any of her pics available????

Anonymous said...

I guess it was for the very first and last time when you wore Burqa (some people call it shuttle sarcastically) in ABC. The scene was quite funny... especially when Gulsher gets flabbergasted and spits out tea... lol

I loved it O my kind lady...

cheers

Anonymous said...

can any one upload NKS show ?? WANA C what happennn plz plz want to c shahnaz faraz hairloseerrr lolz plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz any one uploadd link ????

Anonymous said...

well i am still inspired with ur character, i was really young to watch that drama at that time n watched that recently. Well, your role is admirable. Gulsher, kashif and faraz were amazing.

Nitasha said...

Hi Shehnaz,
I want to watch that video (you on nadia's show). I just can't find it on youtube or anywhere else. if you had it's recording, could u plz post it here?
Thanks

Unknown said...

I lIked the way you write . indeed there is some charisma in your writings, i dunno how. Do you know? :P ... I missed that show bt inshallah piracy still exists so i'll pick that up on some ov the video portal lolx :P
take care
Imran Mani
(PoSeIdOn)