Tuesday, November 4, 2008

VOTE!

You have a voice... use it!

Rosa sat... so Martin could walk... so Barack could run... so our kids could fly!

I tell my daughter

"Sweetheart you are a proud American you can be whatever you want to be, you could be the president if you wanted to be... all you have to do is work hard and believe..."

She replies

"Mommy I voted today! Can I stay up to see who won? Kids are interested in this stuff too, you know..."

My love for my adopted country is as fierce as my love for my child. I have lived here 10 years and I call this HOME! I have fought for my rights here and to date I have not been let down...

I cast my ballot today in a tradition that says I HAVE A VOICE....
My daughter cast her vote at school.... in her third grade class... and she learned to USE HER VOICE...

13 comments:

Deja Vu said...

I HAVE A VOICE.... so true
Learning that 'HER VOICE' matters or 'SHE MATTERS' is one of the most important element that a society can inculcate in any kid.
But can i ask, which country do u like more and for 1 big reason which outweighs the other ones: 'your country', 'your country by birth' or 'your adapted country'

Shahnaz said...

Usman

Hmmm... who do you love more? Your mother, your father, your wife, your child...???

impossible isn't it?

:P

Deja Vu said...

that's too diplomatic a statement...

Shahnaz said...

that is true....

but it is also an honest statement!

Deja Vu said...

so...
who is Bubba Jee's favorite candidate

mo said...

Woohoo Sarah Palin! Shes gonna make polar bear the national animal, right? :P

Shahnaz said...

Both Bubba Jee and I be OBAMA people!

Deja Vu said...

are you ready to CHANGE THE WORLD then ?

mo said...

How about Obama for president and Sarah Palin for vp... Think about the polar bears :P

hasan said...

hmmmm...so you voted for the audacious one..... Hurray!!!!

btw: my alter ego could get jealous about this ;)

Hyper-Threaded said...

@ mo

We got an animal lover here eh? :P

No offence there mo... Wild-life conservationists are called 'Animal Lovers'.

But its great to know that little Bubba Gee's getting on the right track right from the word go.

Signed,
HT.

Anonymous said...

and Obama wins...

Have you ever participated in Pakistani elections?

Anonymous said...

Yup once, turned out to be a farce election ... Never again!