Saturday, May 31, 2008

The quintessential female conversation...

Update on a chat with Fauzia

In addition to saying one thing and meaning the total opposite, females also obsess incessantly about everything.... It isn't enough that we have spoken... we then dissect what we speak.

Observe:

Fauzia: hmmm
you actually used my name
but it's a good post
me: oh was i not supposed to
Fauzia: are we actually waiting for "the one"?
no, no, it's fine
me: i can edit it out if you like
Fauzia: no, it's no problem
it's not a bad post
me: well we hope for him right?
Fauzia: i think everyone gets that we are joking
i suppose
me: that's the whole point
we joke while we secretly wish the opposite
the quintessential female conversation
lol



Now having analyzed what we have done, and how it shall be perceived- a joke or not?... and whether it was a good post or not and whether it was okay to use the name or not.... sigh (i know... women! we are completely complex but oh so fabulous!)the conversation continues....


me: i am getting this wicked idea
ask me what it is....
Fauzia: of course!
me: but darling you must ask first
the words have to be typed
Fauzia: i must ask first?
what must i ask?
me: but of course
you must ask what is this idea shahnaz?
lol
Fauzia: haha
i think we both get the idea
me: lol
Fauzia: but fantasy and reality are worlds apart
aren't they?
me: hmmm ....
not so much
Fauzia: really?
me: i think so
Fauzia: i believe in "the one"
me: i do too
Fauzia: i think he is out there somewhere
me: wholeheartedly
Fauzia: isn't that the point
me: it is...
Fauzia: that god has created someone for everyone...
me: but the fact that we haven't yet found him...
Fauzia: but i don't intend to sit here waiting for him
me: lol we think alike darling
Fauzia: and i'm convinced he's not looking hard enough!!
me: he a guy woman
Fauzia: that he is indeed
lazy bastard!
i'm going to tell him that when i meet him too
me: LMAO



And then comes the crux! The nightmare of desi life.... yes it is the "cannot be avoided" rishta hell!!! We all deal with it...

Fauzia: because while he's been strolling along, i have to go through desi rishtaa hell!!
me: ahahaha
aaaaaaaaahhhhh
i hear ya


4 comments:

mo said...

That's so cute :)

Anonymous said...

"desi rishta hell" touche' :D
th

Unknown said...

brilliant !!!

Anonymous said...

Fantastic write-up together with truly valuable guidelines. We appreciate you putting it together.